Fons & Porter July August Issue – Quilts of Valor
In the Fons and Porter’s Love of Quilting magazine July/August issue, Marianne Fons has created a beautiful Quilt of Valor published with the pattern in this issue.
The name of the pattern is Valiant Eagle and it is absolutely a show stopper. Marianne Fons uses Variable Star, Pin Wheels, and an applique Eagle in the center of the 64″ x 80″ QOV.
The Eagle pattern has been taken from the collection of the International Quilt Study Center & Museum in Lincoln, Nebraska Flying Eagles. I found I could also make a QOV from the Banner Day pattern in the front of the magazine when I made two and moving the one border to the outside.
It is a great pattern to show off quilting, add applique you love, or use that special fabric that you can not cut.
When you see the quilt you can add what you think.
If you don’t have your copy yet…or are not a subscriber…there is still hope!
Follow the link below and get going!
No comments yet.
- In Memoriam – Al Lind, September 10, 2010
- Fons & Porter July August Issue – Quilts of Valor
- Quilts of Valor
- It’s In The Stars – April Block of the Month
- Nobel Prize Awarded (in words) in California
- What do you do when the President Calls?
- Al Lind – An American Hero in Stitches
- Hey Neighbor! Welcome!!
- What is your family saying about you?
- What does it take to be a Leader?
- Busy Summer, Busy Lives…